🇬🇧 It's party time, folks! 🇬🇧
It's almost time to celebrate, nearly time to clock off from work and join your friends, family and neighbours for a good, old-fashioned street party! Here at A-OK9 HQ, we love any excuse for a celebration. 70 years of Her Majesty seems like an apt occasion to let our hair down - and we hope that you will be too! Plus, if you're anything like us, you'll want to make sure your dog doesn't miss out on all the fun either. In this blog post, we'll tell you how to make sure your dog can join in and be just as spoilt for choice as we are when it comes to party food. Better still, we'll tell you how you can incorporate their favourite supplements so that you can be sure that they're still getting all of the nutrients they need in order to thrive.
RECIPE #1 - DR. TOM'S JUBILEE PUPCAKES
Your dog will be sure to love these tasty bakes, it may be an idea to skip their main meal if you choose to let them fill up on party food. Nevertheless, we think these dog-friendly bakes are beyond pawsome! Here's everything you'll need:
- 130g wholewheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g olive oil
- 50g peanut butter (xylitol-free)
- 65g applesauce (unsweetened and unflavoured)
- 110g pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- Your dog's recommended dosage of their favourite A-OK9 supplement, to sprinkle on top.
Preheat your oven to 180°C/ 160°C Fan/ gas 4
Add the wholewheat flour and baking powder into a bowl
In a separate bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix together until combined
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir together well
Add your batter to the cupcake cases until they nearly fill the top of the case
Place your cupcakes into a muffin tray or onto a baking tray
Bake for 20 minutes until a knife comes out clean from the middle of a cake
Leave the cupcakes to cool on a wire cooling rack
To make the topping, melt the peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds until it is smooth
In a bowl stir the Greek yoghurt and peanut butter together
Spoon the topping onto the top of the pupcakes once they have cooled
Sprinkle the top with your favourite A-OK9 supplement!
RECIPE #2 - NO BAKE PEANUT, BANANA AND OAT COOKIE DOUGH BALLS
These no-bake cookies are perfect for combining with our superfood supplements. No bake = no harm to any of the super cultures or bacterias which are present in our amazing blends. You'll need:
- Bananas – These are a fantastic source of fibre. If your dog has a sensitive stomach, use fewer bananas.
- Coconut Oil – A healthy fat that add some moisture and helps hold the treat together.
- Old-fashioned Rolled Oats – Fantastic source of vitamins and fibre.
- Natural Unsweetened Creamy Peanut Butter – Do not use peanut butter that has added sugar.
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes – A great source of healthy fats and a nice crunch for dogs to chew.
- A sprinkling of your favourite A-OK9 supplement!
- Place bananas in a medium-sized bowl and mash them up with a fork.
- Melt the coconut oil. The container usually has melting instructions.
- Place the rolled oats, coconut oil, peanut butter, A-OK9 supplement and coconut flakes in the bowl with the mashed bananas.
- Blend well using a hand mixer, a spoon, or your hands.
- The dough will be sticky. Place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to stiffen up.
- Roll into ball-shaped truffles and roll in oats for a final time!